Wednesday 6 January 2010

Mgr Graham Leonard RIP

I am sorry to hear of the death of Mgr Graham Leonard, former Anglican bishop of London, who died this morning. I have fond personal memories of his kindness.
I have not seen him now for some years; on the last occasion we met, he kindly gave the address at the launch of a book of mine, and I was fortuitously able to present him with a most appropriate gift; only that morning I had found in Thornton's bookshop a first edition of Newman's Apologia pro vita sua.
A great man; God rest his soul, and may God comfort Priscilla his wife.

2 comments:

Miles said...

A very interesting obituary in the Telegraph today:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/6943119/The-Rt-Rev-Mgr-Graham-Leonard.html

tradgardmastare said...

I read his books in his anglican days and found them most helpful.
Rest Eternal....